What Hank believes:
- High-quality education (like health care) must be a right of all Americans, not a privilege.
- Chronic underinvestment in education seriously threatens America’s future competitiveness and well-being.
- The single most important investment we can make is in the literacy, aptitude, productivity, and enlightenment of all Americans, young and old.
- We must strive to make college and higher education a possibility for all Americans who are eager to achieve that level of scholarship and post-secondary and training/re-training opportunities available to everyone.
- Teaching is among the noblest and most essential callings in society and should be rewarded accordingly.
- Massive inequality within our educational system effectively condemns Americans living in poor and under-served communities to economic hardship.