HANK ON THE ISSUES ›
What Hank has done:
- Congressman Hank Johnson and community leaders hosted a Free File public briefing and demo on March 13, 2017, to highlight the federal and Georgia Free File programs that provide free online federal and state income tax preparation and e-filing services to low and moderate-income taxpayers.
- Cosponsored H.R. 3975, the Cyber Breach Notification Act of 2017, to require covered entities to provide notification in the case of a breach of unsecured sensitive personally identifiable information in electronic or digital form, and for other purposes.
- Cosponsored H.R.1300 – United States Call Center Worker and Consumer Protection Act of 2017, to require the Secretary of Labor to maintain a publicly available list of all employers that relocate a call center overseas, to make such companies ineligible for Federal grants or guaranteed loans, and to require disclosure of the physical location of business agents engaging in customer service communications.
- Sponsored H.R.6547, APPS Act of 2018, to increase consumer privacy on mobile devices.
- Sponsored H.R.6548, the Data Broker Accountability and Transparency Act of 2018, to make it easier for consumers to correct and opt out of big data collection and use.
What Hank will do:
- From his post on the Judiciary Committee, continue to introduce legislation designed to level the bargaining and legal playing field between consumers and service and product providers.
- Support increased funding of and oversight on the part of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
- Call for quality control and safety assurance mechanisms in any trade agreements.